Friday, February 13, 2009

Seattle Art Museum


Tuesday I was able to go with Audrey on her first 1st grade field trip to the Seattle Art Museum. The kids were quite excited about it and the fact that it was snowing most of the ride there and back only added to their excitement! There were so many parents that volunteered to chaperone that I only had two kids in my group... Audrey & Sam. I love having small groups on field trips... much less anxiety about losing one of them. We saw some beautiful art, some confusing art, some "this is really art?" art, and some amazing art. The kids even got to make some of their own. We only got lost from our group once, but luckily we found them after a few short minutes. All in all, it was a fun day and I'm always excited when I get to go and share this time with my kids.

8 comments:

Jenie said...

Wish our town had a fun place like this to go to.

The J's said...

I think that your photography is beautiful art!!!

Unknown said...

I LOVE the SAM! I hope that someday Trevor will work for the SAM. Cool photos in front of the modern art.

Jaime said...

we used to be regulars at the SAM, and really enjoy it still. Nice pictures. It sure makes for a cool place to take photos,huh? I especially like the one with the kids & the red background with all those circular tiles.

The Dillon 6 said...

The Aboriginal art was SO beautiful. My pictures don't look ANYTHING like this. Are you sure we were at the same SAM? ;)

Mark and Jennifer said...

How fun! Nice that you only had two kids to watch. Audrey must really love Sam. She has her arm around him in a couple of pictures. Of course, Audrey can be just naturally affectionate.

Ammo and Josh said...

You were just 3 blocks away from where we live! Next time you go let me know. Glad you had a wonderful time.

Ammo and Josh said...

p.s. love the funky pictures of the kiddos!