"America is great because she is good, and if America ever ceases to be good,
America will cease to be great.” ~Jerreld L. Newquist

This year we had our annual neighborhood Fourth of July Celebration complete with a bike parade, children games, face painting, BBQ, and our spectacular fireworks show. We love our neighbors and we love our neighborhood. It is such a wonderful feeling to walk out of your door and be greeted by friends and to know that your kids are developing friendships that will last forever. It is something that I often take for granted and forget that not everyone is blessed with such a wonderful home.
It is the same with America. It is easy to get caught up in the day to day of your own life and forget what a true blessing it is to live in a country with so many freedoms, comforts, and wonderful opportunities. I am happy that we have this great holiday to remind ourselves of this gift and to thank those who fought to give it to us.
The boys getting an early start to the festivities with some stink bombs!
★ Our second annual Bike Parade!
★ 
The bike in the top middle belongs to Miss Audrey. She was feeling a little sad about the quality of her bike decorations (I had forgotten to get some at the store and so we had to make due with what was around the house). She perked up later though and had fun playing all the games and watching the fireworks.


"We on this continent should never forget that men first crossed the Atlantic not to find soil for their ploughs but to secure liberty for their souls." ~Robert J. McCracken
20 comments:
Love your wide angle shot in the first and the bike parade...too fun.
your shots are amazing! Love it
I heart your post! Great photos, I'm jealous!
seriously - we live on a rockin' street. Great photos (duh). Can't wait for more summer fun!!
SO FUN!!! I'm not sure where in WA you are, but we used to live in a suburb of Seattle (SE) and that looks just like our 4th of July parties! He he he! Wonder if it's the same neighborhood! FUN FUN TIMES!!! Love the bike parade!!!
Ha ha ha!!! I just saw your weather button - same town!!! I bet it is the same neighborhood! What a small world! We lived there Sept 2004-June 2006 and then Issy from July-Dec 2007. Still have many friends who live there!!!
Wonderful pictures!
That is a great neighborhood! And great pictures!
Awesome 4th of July pictures! Imogen was scared of the fire works. You got awesome family reunion pictures too!!! I am still editing them...
ummm, can you be our live-in photographer and document our family's life? Your photos are always breathtaking! GORGEOUS and hilarious--love those trike shots!
I love the fireworks photos--absolutely gorgeous!
What a fun celebration. Looks like your place was the place to be.
I forgot to say that I LOVE your fireworks pictures? Did you use the nighttime setting for those?
wow. these pictures are just awesome!!! stunning!! I absolutely enjoyed this post!
Great photos! I love the bike parade. So cute. We would get arrested if we shot off fireworks on our street. That looks like fun and makes me miss the country.
Your town is just so much fun! I am amazed at your fireworks pictures...did you use an extended exposure and tripod? As I was scrolling, I thought the first one was lightning until I saw the whole image. Again, gorgeous work!
oh my goodness - your pictures are INCREDIBLE! and it looks like you had SO much fun!
I totally want to live next to you. Awesome pictures and even better celebration.
What a fun place you live in!! It has all the charm of a small town but I'm sure more of the city conveniences than where I live - lol!
Your photos, as always, are amazing!
wow! These are amazing shots! I always enjoy seeing your work. Looks like a fun holiday weekend!
Post a Comment