Saturday, December 5, 2009

Christmas Creche

Every year our stake puts on a beautiful Christmas Creche event for the whole community. They display well over 400 different nativities. I find it amazing how differently artists can create just one moment in time. They are all so amazing to look at... wooden nativities, porcelain nativities, stuffed nativities, toy nativities, lego nativities, paper nativities, glass nativities, life size nativities, nativities from all over the world, and even a live nativity are displayed.

This year I was asked to help during the set-up by photographing each and every nativity as it was brought in and set up. (For security reasons) I really enjoyed getting to see them all and to even learn the stories behind some of them. It was very cool and made me appreciate them even more.



This year Ethan and Audrey decided to join the children's choir. They have been practicing for over a month and they did such a GREAT job. I was a little surprised when Ethan said that he wanted to do it, because he barely even sings during primary, but I was so proud of how well he did and how excited he was to be a part of it. The songs were beautiful and the children sang wonderfully. I look forward to this every year. They were so glad that both of their grandmas and grandpas could come and hear them and they felt really good about being a part of this event.

7 comments:

Mark and Jennifer said...

That was such a beautiful experience for dad and I to see. The children did such a wonderful job and like I said after the program I could barely sing (through my tears) the last song with them...."Silent Night" (..as the children sang a counter melody). Very touching!! The displays were outstanding as always....the few we saw as we quickly took 3 young grandkids to the refreshment room. Thanks for inviting us to hear the Children's Choir.

Ammo and Josh said...

That is just so beautiful! Wish our stake did something like this. What a great way to kick off the Christmas season.

Jaime said...

those creche's were amazing. You did a great job at capturing them. I love the live nativity too, what a sweet addition to such a sacred night of celebrating. That is fantastic that Ethan & Audrey both sang in the choir, and it is nice to hear how much they loved it.

Jenie said...

how fun to start the season like this!

Unknown said...

I love this. Very much.

4 Lettre Words said...

I really love this! And, I'm proud to say that I just received an igloo scene, myself. :o)

Carly said...

It is so interesting to see the variety on nativity scenes, but all telling the same story! Great pictures!