Tuesday, November 30, 2010

November Snow

We had three very exciting, wonderful days of snow last week! It took me by surprise too because the weatherman said we may get some flurries but we ended up getting a lot more than that! Yipeeee! The kids were so excited and even though on some days the temperatures barely reached 30 dgrees, the kids played outside in it for hours and hours!

I am well aware that I take too many pictures, but for some reason I can't help myself when it comes to snow. It is the most beautiful backdrop and turns everything into a winter wonderland!


I told the girls that if they let me take as many pictures of them as I wanted that I would make them a huge cup of hot cocoa when they came inside. That was all the bribery they needed.


David was home with me in the morning while the kids still had school. We both couldn't wait to get our sleds down from the rafters and take them outside!



As soon as the big kids got home from school, they dropped their backpacks in the entry way and were super excited to see I got all their snow gear out and ready to go. They were changed and on the sledding hill before most of the kids were even all the way home from the bus stop.


Cayden even brought down his snowboard, but unfortunately the snow wasn't quite deep enough and he didn't go very fast.








David looks totally terrified, but he actually loved it and wanted to go again and again!











Wednesday it was so cold that you could find icicles hanging all over the place. Audrey and Aubrey had fun collecting bucket fulls of them. At one point she said that she was getting some from underneath the neighbors car and our neighbor came and saw them there and Audrey just said... "Hi. We're are the icicle girls." He then just turned around and went back inside. Funny girls.

4 comments:

The Dillon 6 said...

i am such a loser. id dint' go out ONCE to take snow pictures. It better snow for me at least one more time...

the pictures of the girls are priceless. and I love the icicle story!!

Jaime said...

I can see from all those smiles how much everyone enjoyed the snow at your house. I love all your pictures, as I normally do. something about the crisp, white, snow as a back drop - it's gorgeous.

Ammo and Josh said...

These pictures made me a little nostalgic for Seattle! When I lived in Queen Anne, I remember Q.A. hill being closed down many times due to snow. It was so fun to take the kids I used to nanny sledding down the hill on garbage can lids, watch the people ski to Trader Joes, and build snowmen! Looks like you had so much FUN! What a perfect holiday activity!

Kari V. said...

what great pictures :) It was nice seeing you at the creche this year BTW :)