Thursday, January 17, 2008

"Princesses are lame..."

About a month ago when Audrey was getting ready for school one morning she informed me that "princesses are lame". I was so surprised when she said this because for the last three years she has loved anything princess. But over the last few weeks she has made it quite clear that she has outgrown anything princess. I'm not sure where she picked it up, but I'm thinking she picked it up at school because, for one thing, we do not usually use the word "lame", and second of all, her best friend, Aubrey, still likes princesses. She even gave Aubrey her princess purse yesterday because she didn't want it anymore!

It's a little bit silly, but I've felt a little sad about it and I felt really sad when I started going through old pictures of Audrey all dressed up in her pretty princess dresses.

Below are some of the pictures that made me smile...
they include pictures from Audrey's 3rd Princess Birthday Party, getting a manicure by dad, and having a tea party with Cousin Jenna.

10 comments:

The Mendenhall's said...

That does make me sad. She is growing up!! Darn it!! I hate that!!!

jjstringham said...

I LOVE that picture of Jason giving her a manicure. I remember being there at the time of the picture and thinking how much I wanted to have a girly-girl. I got my wish! I'm guessing I'll eventually be feeling the same way you do though. :-(

The Dillon 6 said...

I can't believe she's changed so much! And some of them aren't even that long ago.

And look at that cute Baby Jenna!! Those cheeks are so SQUISHY!!

I hope Aubrey holds onto the Princess a bit longer...it's better than some of the other alternatives. And somehow, I don't think our blondie is going to be a tom-boy...

Jenie said...

I still remember Jessica all dressed up in her outfits. Don't worry, she was over the princesses too, but then this year for her birthday she wanted, " Passion for Fashion" all way cute dress up prom clothes and everything. She'll come back to the girly side, don't worry! Cute pictures.

kelly said...

it is sad how fast they grow up.
grady thinks thomas and bob-the-builder is for babies.
he's only 5!

Groverfam said...

that is so sad! I am having a princess tea party for Natalee and it is hard to believe that may all end within the year. growing up is hard to do even for the mom's.

Mark and Jennifer said...

Shoot! Now I'll have to get into a different frame of mind for her presents -- which by the way, is what?

Rebecca said...

Mom... I would safely say the biggest thing in her life right now are Webkinz!

Jaime said...

that is truly sad. She is a beautiful princess. On to bigger and better things I suppose.

Corey and Lisa said...

That IS a sad time, I can understand. Cute pics!

By the way...how do you get your background paper so cute? Maybe I need to update my blogger???